DESSERTS FOR TWO
How deep is your love for sweet food? Our is as deep as the ocean ..
From fancy french patisserie to rustic style pastries ,Raffaele and I share a big passion/addiction to sweets . We enjoy watching TV programs about baking . The great BAKE OFF on Real Time , and everything about NIGELLA LAWSON and JAMIE OLIVER . ..to me some of the best food writers around the globe. I love to read books about cooking in general ,even more when it comes to desserts! I remember when I was a child , I used to read all those cooking books my parents had in their kitchen … focusing always on pictures ,picking the next recipe to try out !
From time to time we take joy in discovering new sweetmeats around town . Milan is our playground ,we wander around looking for deliciousness ,and sometimes bake something at home . This time we matched our passion with Christmas atmosphere and the Opening night of “Teatro alla Scala” .We had a lovely time and made a few pictures , hope you enjoy it! oh before I forget find out more about my Xmas outfit from Shein.com ! Best eCommerce when it comes to casual chic look ..
Puff Pastry Dough :
40 gr all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (120gr) Butter plus
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, frozen
6 tablespoons ice water
- Sift flour and salt into a chilled metal bowl. Set a grater in flour mixture and coarsely grate frozen butter into flour, gently lifting flour and tossing to coat butter.
- Drizzle the ice water evenly over flour mixture and gently stir with a fork until incorporated.
- When it has the proper texture, it will hold together without crumbling apart. If necessary, add another tablespoon water.
- Chill the dough into the fridge wrapped in plastic for 30 min
- Roll out dough on a floured surface
- Arrange dough with a short side nearest you, then fold dough into thirds like a letter.
- Rewrap dough and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange dough with a short side nearest you on a floured surface and repeat rolling out, folding, and chilling 2 more times. Brush off any excess flour, then wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
I filled most of the croissants with a sweet biologic cream made with Sicilian Pistachios and also a few with beloved Nutella..
WHAT I WORE …
WHAT I LISTENED …