DESSERTS FOR TWO
Puff Pastry Dough :
- Sift flour and salt into a chilled metal bowl. Set a grater in flour mixture and coarsely grate frozen butter into flour, gently lifting flour and tossing to coat butter.
- Drizzle the ice water evenly over flour mixture and gently stir with a fork until incorporated.
- When it has the proper texture, it will hold together without crumbling apart. If necessary, add another tablespoon water.
- Chill the dough into the fridge wrapped in plastic for 30 min
- Roll out dough on a floured surface
- Arrange dough with a short side nearest you, then fold dough into thirds like a letter.
- Rewrap dough and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange dough with a short side nearest you on a floured surface and repeat rolling out, folding, and chilling 2 more times. Brush off any excess flour, then wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.
I filled most of the croissants with a sweet biologic cream made with Sicilian Pistachios and also a few with beloved Nutella..
WHAT I LISTENED …